UPSC CDS 1 2019 exam Notification & Online Application: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification of Combined Defence Service (CDS) I 2019 on 31 October 2018. The candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2019 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in.
As per media reports, a total of 418 posts of Commissioned Officers in Navy, Air Force, Army and Officers Training Academy (OTA) will be filled up via UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019. The last date to apply for the posts is set till 26 November 2018. The examination will be conducted on 03 February 2019 across the country.
Check out: Best Books for CDS exams.
Candidates who are between the age group of 20 to 24 years can apply for the position. The candidate will have to be a graduate from recognized University/College/Institute to apply for the same.
Important Dates for UPSC CDS 1 2019 Exam:
• Opening Date of Application: 31 October 2018
• Last Date of Online Application: 26 November 2018
• Date of Examination: 03 February 2019
UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019 Vacancy Details:
Total vacancies – 418 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019:
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
• Candidates applying for I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy should have Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
• Candidates applying for Indian Naval Academy should have Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
• Candidates applying for Air Force Academy should have Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Other eligibility criteria and more details in notification listed here.
Age Limit: 20 to 24 years of age
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For IMA: Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible.
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For OTA: Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible. Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan 2001.
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For AFA: 20 to 24 Years as on 1st Jan , 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 02 Jan 1996 and not later than 01 Jan 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02 Jan 1994 and not later than 01 Jan 2000) only are eligible. Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For NA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible.
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 1 2019 Exam:
The selection process comprises of the following stages:
• Written Examination
• Interview and Personality Test
• Medical Fitness Test
- The selected candidates in the examination will be called for the SSB interview in the form of batches scheduled by the SSB panel of respective service.
- The SSB will consist of two phases.
- The first phase is screening in which a verbal-nonverbal test and PPDT tests are conducted.
- The selected candidates are kept at the SSB centers for further testing and the unsuccessful students are freed to go home.
- The next phase consists of a psychology test, GTO, and interview followed by the conference.
- The recommended candidates will further stay for the medical test and left are freed to go home.
- Medical examination of the candidates is conducted for a different period and then a final merit is announced which is the final result of the candidates to be inducted into the academies.
At the first stage, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination. Such candidates are called for the Interview round. Those who get through the Interview/Personality Test round have to undergo a medical fitness test. Document verification is done after the medical test.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019:
Candidates willing to apply for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019 can apply for the posts through the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in till 26 November 2018. The form is divided into 2 parts; Part 1 and Part 2. After visiting upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the CDS 1 2019
- Then a page will be displayed having instruction. Click on YES at the bottom of the page.
- Then carefully enter your personal information and contact details.
- Then give your preference for the services as per your eligibility and add your NCC details; if eligible.
- After completion of part one, you will be provided registration id which u have to use to go to part 2.
- In part 2, opt for the medium of fees deposition.
- After depositing fees, upload your photo and sign with given dimensions, then select your exam center and submit the form.